Constantly repeating DMX to music show

djgeorgef

Hi all

I'm trying to use 3 x 4 channel soundlab DMX dimmers to create a show on my laptop to a particular song that will be repeated over and over! I've done shows and sequences with the dimmer packs using freestyler but can't use freestyler to do this easily?! I suppose it is similar to what people must use for christmas light shows?? Any ideas for affordable or free software for this as I am massively confusing myself

Thanks in advance

George

• 2 weeks later...

While it's not the cheapest interface available, you might want to take a look at the BlueLite X1-Mini (or full X1 if you need it) that I manufacture, and our API "Sample Apps".

The BlueLite system includes an internal SMPTE timecode reader/generator which allows you to sync your lighting cues down to 1/30 of a second. You can create up to 1,000,000 cues and have the ability to control up to 8192 DMX channels (16 universes). It offers a DMX input so you can use an external DMX console as a control surface if you want to.

Our API samples include: a simple date/time "Scheduler", the "WMP Playlist" to sync the lighting to a selected Windows Media Player playlist, the "CD Tracker" to sync to a CD, and others.

You can view the PDF's versions of the user manuals, here. Please Contact Me if I can answer any questions.

Archived