Venue Storage Problem

kuming

Hi, everybody. :D

Happy New Year!!

In A New Year,

I would like to get some suggestion about how to store the steel wire rope in the store.

In my venue, I have about 40 - 50 steel wire ropes, they are different size, different length, some of them are open-end, some of them are close end.

So, anyone can give me some suggestion about how to make the arrangement of those different wire and make them look like tidy and easy to search when I need them.

Anyone has familiar situation before, and how you can solve this.

Please give me some suggestion, thank a lot ;) .

Best Regards to every technical person,

J. Ku

Venue Technician From Hong Kong.

I hang all my coiled things on basic shelf brackets with pipe lagging (cable tied) on to make them more rounded and softened. I have various different sizes for different sized cables and ropes.

Should you follow a colour coded length system, you could also colour code your 'pegs' too.

With coils I normally go for large pegs on the wall (as suggested the largest plain shelf brackets are good economy, I normally bend the end up a bit to stop coils slipping off the end), or boxes/hoppers. I built myself a big set of MDF hoppers for storing my TRS, DMX, Soca etc.

I use Shelving Brackets in one storage room, they're the type that slot onto rails so they can be adjusted if required.

In another storage area I've used large red utility hooks that simply screw into rawlplugs. These can hold a fair bit of XLR each actually!

Archived