Headphone adaptor with built in mic

Bazz339

Slightly off group topic I know but hang on.

I have a longish flight coming up and want to get some noise attenuating headphones. I may go for decent professional such as the DT251-ii or decide to be economical and get some HD 201s or 202s

Other suggestions appreciated. If I go expensive I want something that can be used for monitoring headphones as well. (I have DT100s I suppose I ought to try them into my phone)

Anyone used the top end Bose active noise cancelling headphones for desk headphones or recording?

If I am using them with my phone it would be useful to be able to take calls, I think the Bose above allow this, the Sennheiser Amperon come with a mic adaptor which can be used or not, so I started looking to see if there was an adaptor with mic available separately that could be used with any headphones.

Belkin and another one I found don't get very good reports, has anyone any links to others? Volume and other controls would be nice but not essential.

I also note most of these state Iphone compatible. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 anyone know if the wiring is the same?

Slightly off group topic I know but hang on.

I have a longish flight coming up and want to get some noise attenuating headphones. I may go for decent professional such as the DT251-ii or decide to be economical and get some HD 201s or 202s

Other suggestions appreciated. If I go expensive I want something that can be used for monitoring headphones as well. (I have DT100s I suppose I ought to try them into my phone)

Anyone used the top end Bose active noise cancelling headphones for desk headphones or recording?

If I am using them with my phone it would be useful to be able to take calls, I think the Bose above allow this, the Sennheiser Amperon come with a mic adaptor which can be used or not, so I started looking to see if there was an adaptor with mic available separately that could be used with any headphones.

Belkin and another one I found don't get very good reports, has anyone any links to others? Volume and other controls would be nice but not essential.

I also note most of these state Iphone compatible. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 anyone know if the wiring is the same?

I used to have the Bose (they eventually broke), but while they are very good at attenuating external noise on a plane, they are not comfortable to fly with. If you try to rest with your head against the window like I do, they pick up a lot of contact noise, and become uncomfortable. I now use a pair of Etymotic hf5s. They would not be good at FOH since they are in canal phones, but they are very good sounding, comfortable, noise isolating, and don't make contact with the plane fuselage when you try to sleep on a long flight. If you need them to work as a headset for your phone there is a similar model with a mic, the hf3.

Mac

• 2 weeks later...

Archived