HELP! Thomann TSA 4-700 Fault lights and trips power

pattonaudio

Hi, I have a problem that I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on. I have a Thomann Multi Channel amp http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tamp_tsa_4700.htm thats part of an install system in a hotel function room, it seems to have been damaged at an event, band or DJ have plugged into the inhouse and have now put the amp into Fault, everytime its switched on there are a few clicks, the fans kick in and the leds light up FAULT on all 4 channels, then it throws the trips switch on the distro board.

So basically my question is does anyone know how to fix the amp? Is it just a internal fuse that has gone (haven't had a chance to remove the amp yet)? or is it gonna be just fit for the skip?

Thanks for you help in advance!

A fuse wouldn't be causing a breaker on the distro to go, is it a MCB or RCD that's tripping?

I'm not sure of your level of expertise, but be aware that this amp uses a switch mode PSU which contains some nasty DC voltages.

If it's less than 3 years old just send it back under warranty.

Josh

Its the RCD thats tripping it

I have a degree in sound and have fixed many amps in the past just wanting to know if this was a common fault with this amp and if its fixable. and the hotel say its 2nd hand so no warranty

A fuse wouldn't be causing a breaker on the distro to go, is it a MCB or RCD that's tripping?

I'm not sure of your level of expertise, but be aware that this amp uses a switch mode PSU which contains some nasty DC voltages.

If it's less than 3 years old just send it back under warranty.

Josh

Archived