Second venue dilemma - Blackmagic TV Studio or Resolume or ...

Matt Riley

Hi again!

The second venue is in a bit of a different position - they are particularly good at not ending up buying unnecessarily expensive stuff!

So currently they're running a 5k lumen XGA Sharp projector onto a 4:3 display. When projection is needed it is either run through the composite feed to the projector from their Sony FX7 or from the Easyworship projection PC. In terms of needs requirements - very similar to previous topic really - lyrics over video, powerpoint, projected short films, and possibly streaming/ video upload at a later date.

The projector is getting a bit old and given the cost drop in new HD data projectors they were considering replacing their current one with an HD model. While I initially considered the BMD, I'm aware that it may cause more challenges than it solves.

My first question would be - given that Tom can get about a frame of latency with the Resolume Arena setup - could the Easyworship PC be souped up and some strategically specced capture cards specced which would allow a overall camera to screen latency of under 120ms/ 3 frames using the FX7's component outputs?

Second - do Kramer or TV One etc have anything which could fit the bill? Ideally maximum cost of, say £700 ish.

Archived