LED Battens

Brady

I'm not sure I'd agree (oddly) A bought a dozen cheap 24 cell LED battens - from Thomann, and used them in the old footlights position for one show and was amazed how well they lit the cyc - 7 on the front. I then put two more ea h side on the portal edges and can throw a lot of light with them. Used on a bar a couple of metres away from the cyc with some light diffuser, two doubled up rows of 6 is pretty impressive I thought. Overlapping a little on each row also blends the gap too. Maybe I was lucky - but they work - for info they were Varytecs - with 3x3 RGB cells - not the version with the colours mixed up. I didn't buy them for cyc or stage washing - but they get used more for that than anything else!

I'm not sure I'd agree (oddly) A bought a dozen cheap 24 cell LED battens - from Thomann, and used them in the old footlights position for one show and was amazed how well they lit the cyc - 7 on the front. I then put two more ea h side on the portal edges and can throw a lot of light with them. Used on a bar a couple of metres away from the cyc with some light diffuser, two doubled up rows of 6 is pretty impressive I thought. Overlapping a little on each row also blends the gap too. Maybe I was lucky - but they work - for info they were Varytecs - with 3x3 RGB cells - not the version with the colours mixed up. I didn't buy them for cyc or stage washing - but they get used more for that than anything else!

Hi we had a demo of the Miltec led battens, and they come with a reflector strip to bounce the light when they are used for cyc lighting

think they we 12x tri 3 w led per battern.

check out the web site might be just in your price bracket, they also do inexpensive moving heads.

or showtec do some good moving heads, we use the expression 33000 led zoom wash units v good for the price and the phanton spots are ok too.

pm me if you want further info

Check out the Showtec Pixel Bar 12 (12x 3W tri led, all individually adressable in a 1m strip - ~£180ea) or the Varytex Gigabar III (16x 3W tri led addressable as 8x pairs in a ~1m strip - ~£210ea)

I'm looking at LED bars at the moment for a variety of jobs, but not to light cyc, so can't comment on that particular job, but those 2 seem to be fighting for my money at the moment.

Archived