QTX 153.779 slimline LED par can

PaulCasso

OK . . . last night I was given 6 of these lights to incorporate into a in-house lighting rig.

Not having any info on the I first plugged one up to my Enttec DMX Pro and using Pro utility found they were generic RGB+dimmer/strobe total 4 channel.

Having tested on DMX ch 1-4, I then patched the 6 fixtures from 47 upwards !

Problem . . . . . . when the fixture on the first of the 6 (ch47-50) the dimmer/strobe ch50 the fixture only worked as intermittent strobe ! 0- 250 nothing 255 FL a flickering strobe !

When the DMX address on the fixture go's into 2 digits ch4 go's mental fixture unusable !

Anyone else had this issue or used this model ?

Don't want to have to use and patch in pairs or have to re patch all my other moving heads . . . . . . . .  just to get them on the first channels ch1, 5, 9

Also we have the smaller led version of this fixture 153.778 and they work great !

Spec:

• 120mm in depth, lightweight and easy to transport
  • 4 channel DMX (red, green, blue, strobe/dimmer)
  • 4 automatic colour sequence modes
  • 10 preset colour option for mood setting
  • 4 sound activated modes including normal, colour mixing and strobe
  • Low power consumption
  • RGB colour mixing
  • 36 x 1W high power LEDS
  • Master and slave option
  • Supplied with mounting bracket
  • We recommend that this product is used within the guidelines HSG95
  • Compatable with the FC-1 foot contoller (153.777UK)

Power supply90-270Vac, 50/60HzPower consumption45WFuse ratingF1ALED type1W high power LEDLED qty36pcs (R:12, G:12, B:12)Beam angle25 - 30°DMX channels4Dimensions248 x 212 x 120mmWeight2.1kgLaser & LED safety standardBSEN60825-1 2007

I am not familiar with these particular fixtures, but normally when this happens it is a problem with DMX being sent out too "fast".

Most lighting consoles leave a little bit of idle time in between each DMX channel value, however DMX USB dongles often don't have this idle time. If the microprocessor in the fixture is struggling to keep up with the DMX data this will cause it to randomly drop channels causing flickering and odd behaviour. However it will work fine on a low DMX address because there's less chance of dropping channels.

Unfortunately the only fix is to use a different controller or patch the fixture at low addresses. The Enttec interface allows you to adjust some of the timings, but unfortunately not the idle time.

I am not familiar with these particular fixtures, but normally when this happens it is a problem with DMX being sent out too "fast".

Most lighting consoles leave a little bit of idle time in between each DMX channel value, however DMX USB dongles often don't have this idle time. If the microprocessor in the fixture is struggling to keep up with the DMX data this will cause it to randomly drop channels causing flickering and odd behaviour. However it will work fine on a low DMX address because there's less chance of dropping channels.

Unfortunately the only fix is to use a different controller or patch the fixture at low addresses. The Enttec interface allows you to adjust some of the timings, but unfortunately not the idle time.

Thanks Tim,

I spoke with Kevin last night to see if he had a fixture patch for it, unfortunately he couldn't help.

In Showmagic can the idle time be changed Tim ?

Regards,

Paul C

Archived