Cheap pixel mapping media server

Kopy

Hi all,

I've just started work at a small AV company and they have some colourweb that they'd like to use so I need a media server that can pixel map it and output artnet. Is there anything reasonably priced that can do this? Getting a catalyst or hippo or whatever just seems like overkill, as this is all it'll be used for.

Thanks!

Adam.

Hi all,

I've just started work at a small AV company and they have some colourweb that they'd like to use so I need a media server that can pixel map it and output artnet. Is there anything reasonably priced that can do this? Getting a catalyst or hippo or whatever just seems like overkill, as this is all it'll be used for.

Thanks!

Adam.

Grab a copy of MagicQ, works like a dream for most of your tasks. Native rocksolid artnet too.

do you not have a lighting desk that can do this? MA, ETC, MagicQ as mentioned all have this built in (im sure theres others) what one do you currently have as this may be a good solution!

Unfortunately we're more of a video company so don't really have any proper lighting desks. Is MagicQ free on pc over artnet - even if I wanted to output 8 or 16 universes? Wow! I'll check that out. Thanks!

Yes MagicQ is free, but you may well find that you need physical faders, as controlling multiple on-screen faders with a mouse can get a bit tricky. Fortunately the wings are fairly cheap. The smallest, which gives you 10 submasters is only around £700. And if you buy one you'll get a warm glow from knowing that you are supporting the developers of the software :)

Is MagicQ free on pc over artnet - even if I wanted to output 8 or 16 universes?

Yes - it does 18 universes, and also does sACN (E1.31) which is in many ways more useful than Artnet. The pixel engine is very comprehensive, can display text, pictures or video.

Archived