radio DMX

Dmx512

again, that doesn't actually mean anything... There's a rife problem with copying in the asian manufacturing industry which means that they'll copy a western product, but then other factories will copy the copy of the product (choosing parts that look the same, not necessarily work the same) and then you'll get copies of copies.... and all of these will have been made by generic "electronics production" factories who have no idea what they're making (after assembling your item they'll put a DVD player together) and then package it all in boxes that they've also had copied. Usually the person you're buying from isn't actually the manufacturer but an agent (often the 2nd or 3rd agent in the chain) so they'll use a generic image and tech spec to "sell" the product then when they get an actual order just buy the item from whichever factory can make it cheapest... and again the agent probably won't have any idea what the thing they're selling should do. I've ordered things from china and in the SAME ORDER whilst everything looks identical it's clear that the products have actually been made in different batches or on different production lines as the programming is slightly different and there's different parameters on the "identical" product.

Buying stuff from china can yield some amazing bargains BUT you have to know what you're getting yourself in to. Never assume ANYTHING and unless you've got two items in your hand and have tested them yourself you can't rely on them being identical.

I agree generally with what Tom notes: I bought two lots of four LED pars from the same supplier, and they are quite different; they have different electronics inside, and one type wont do three channel mode, which winds me up a lot. Some LED bars I got were pictured as haveng dipswitches to set the DMX channel, but the actual things had a LED display and push buttons. So yeah, definitely buyer beware.

However, the wireless DMX stuff I pointed to comes from a named supplier, Enrich, and their kit seems to be consistent, in that I've bought items many months apart and got the same stuff.

Archived