Instructors mic / Britney Spears Mic thing

The TX

Hi gang - I've got a set of Sony UWP-V1 wireless mics, and have lapel mics with them, but I want to attach a hands-free worn-over-the-ears-like-a-stand-up-comedean type mic. I've just bought a nice set online, but the connector was only a MONO 3.5mm jack (as opposed to stereo like the lapel mics that came as part of the mic set), which I think may have been stopping it from working. Anyone know of a good mic set that would work? I don't want to go buying another one with a stereo jack (if I can find one) if that's not going to work either.

Thanks,

Tom.

Forgive me - but why not just buy the plug and swap it over? Virtually all mics n ow come in different version, unless they are specific to a certain transmitter. Of course, if you bought it on-line, you do have 30 days to return it for a refund.

Soldering on a new plug isn't a major chore, and they're not even that expensive.

Forgive me - but why not just buy the plug and swap it over? Virtually all mics n ow come in different version, unless they are specific to a certain transmitter. Of course, if you bought it on-line, you do have 30 days to return it for a refund.

Soldering on a new plug isn't a major chore, and they're not even that expensive.

Is that going to do the trick though? I don't know what the wiring is like inside the standard Sony lapel mic and whether or not the third contact is actually used for something inside the mic. If I cut the plug off this mic and stick a new one on and it still doesn't work, I then can't return the mic either.

I can't find a three-pin 3.5mm jack version of this headset.

Is it something a bit odd? All the usual culprits tend to work on the powering voltage superimposed on the audio or as a separate core - which often ends up linked to the audio.

I've not got a Sony to test - so if you daren't chop it off, in case you can't sort it, then send the mic back and swap it. Me, I'd chop it off and reterminate - as I'm confident that with the correct 3 pole plug in the socket, I could work out the correct connection. The Sony has a mic/line switch, so it's not like a Sennheiser where the tip and ring do different level inputs.

Archived