track mounted lights

timwatson19

At the PLASA show last year, I noticed a stand where they were demonstrating a track mounting system for moving lights. This consisted of a truss-mounted track, similar to curtain track except for a series of busbars to take power/data to the light. On this track was mounted a motorised carriage, coupled to an unmotorised carriage, to which a light was mounted. The carriage was DMX controlled, and could move forwards or backwards along the track at variable speed. Could anybody tell me who makes this system, as I am interested in finding out more about it.

At the PLASA show last year, I noticed a stand where they were demonstrating a track mounting system for moving lights. This consisted of a truss-mounted track, similar to curtain track except for a series of busbars to take power/data to the light. On this track was mounted a motorised carriage, coupled to an unmotorised carriage, to which a light was mounted. The carriage was DMX controlled, and could move forwards or backwards along the track at variable speed. Could anybody tell me who makes this system, as I am interested in finding out more about it.

I saw a similar system in an article in Sono Magazine (a french journal about sound and light stuff). If I can find it and scan it I could send it to you (if you understand french)... but if I recall correctly the system was not DMX controlled but controlled by a laptop.

Ok,

Well I heard a while back that white light did an install of a similar system to what you are describing for the RSC… I’ll just find a link…

Edit:

RSC Install

Here you go… If this is the type of system you mean it might be worth giving white light (sorry the moving light company :)) a call…

Hope this helps…

Archived