Portable vocal/voiceover booth?

Rob_P

Rockwool RWA45 does - but it's not pleasant to handle

It is fine when covered in fabric though.

I'd suggest making up some floorstanding frames and covering them with Cara fabric (or hessian if you don't need the fire rating and aesthetics).

James.

Thanks for the replies - this is clearly an issue with lots of solutions.

For the moment I will try the foam-lined (soft) box approach, and consider buying a commercial filter afterwards. I might supplement that with James' Rockwool lined fames it it needs a bit more.

I hadn't found the Studiospares soft foam before, and the only stuff that I could find via DV was far too rigid for this application.

Time to get building!

Rob

I apologise if this is something that has already occurred to you!

As you will see from my signature, I am a presenter for a hospital radio station - A few weeks back, I brought in a local Amateur club that I used to work with, and for a small donation, they used our studio facilities.

Are there any similar Hospital Radio groups that you might be able to hijack their studios for an hour or two - Quite apart from the convenience, maybe you guys could work together - They could perhaps broadcast a recording of your show etc?

Just a thought!

Jim

An interesting thought Jim, and something that I will bear in mind if I need to record a lengthy piece. Mostly I end up recording the odd line, often using a range of people, so the only practical option is to record during the rehearsal process.

Archived