LS-9 Problem

john_brooks

Hi,

I am using Yamaha LS9- 32 Console and I was just trying to get connected with my Mac Pro with OSX 10.7.5 I happened to install Studio Manager, Studio Editor, and the Midi Network drivers, but while I am trying to re- sync I am unable to do so, I can see LS9- at both the places, input and output.

Can Some body help me out in this regard,

Thank you,

John

*Warning - I may be about to spout utter bull here*

I did hear somebody once say (I think online) that there was a known issue whereby if the desk clock (as in, time, not MTC) was significantly different from that of the pc it was connecting to, it could cause connection issues. I have no idea why, or how accurate that is - it's merely something I saw written somewhere.

I had an LS9 a couple of months ago that just wouldn't connect to my macbook pro no matter what I did with it. Had all the correct drivers and studio manager, but it just wouldn't play ball. I didn't try particularly hard as I didn't have the time and so just put it down to "one of those things". You're certainly not alone!

I've never used a Macbook for Studio Manager but in the Windows world, the sort of thing you describe is usually the need to specify and enable the same MIDI ports both on the computer and at the LS9 end.

If you are connecting directly (no router or switch in between), I believe that you need a crossover Ethernet cable, not a standard cable.

thats true of m7 but not ls9,

according to people at yamaha uk ls9 works with either standard or cross-over. M7 requires the cross-over/router

Archived