d&b D12 amps & speaker multicores

ghance

Again, thanks both, very informative replies, and always good to get different perspectives on issues we all face.

When I was doing my J-series training in Germany, one of the many 'eyebrows raised' moments was using ROPE (IIRC, think it was that long ago) to monitor current: obviously not terribly accurate or responsive, but it was amazing how hard the system had to be driven to get the wattage figure even into double, figures, let alone 100s or thousands!

A company I with a lot (Mr Gibson will be familiar with them!) have a neat triple-rack system

Speaker outs are on a front panel below the amps with EP5 and NL4 for each amp out and a soca out that carries all 6 channels + an NL4 input patch from a fourth amp. No idea what the pinout is though

On the back is either 32A single or 32A three-phase in and out (2 triples off a 32/3 feed gives a nice amount of power headroom) There is a 13A out as well which allows a single D12 rack to be added easily.

Generally it's 32/3 for J-series and 32A single for everything else (even the Bose 802s get driven by the D12s sometimes)

Also on the back is a 12-pair CEEP signal in and out with a breakout panel to XLR for patching within the rack. Often the returns CEEP will loop between racks and you then pick which return line(s) you patch to each amp.

Ian

Archived