Head worn Microphones

Stacker

Hey guys!

Am doing a school production next month for we will rock you and would like some advice on head worn microphones!

We need 10 of them and were looking at the Trantec S5.5 series, any other ideas?

We need to hire them as well, if anyone has some?

Cheers,

Steve

Trantec S5.5, S5.3, Sennheiser EW100, EW300, EW500 will all be suitable and good quality wireless systems.

As this is a WWRY, do you want to go for the obvious "Britney Style" headsets or the discrete flesh coloured sets?

Where abouts in the UK are you based? That would help us recommend suitable suppliers.

Josh

At RKDO, we hire radio mics with headsets, as do many other companies. Feel free to get in touch, or Google radio mic hire or similar to find others who can help. We along with a few other companies I know of, are happy to courier systems to customers, so it's probably worth getting a few quotes to compare.

Try stage electrics, I've hired radio systems from them and it didnt break the bank, even with the flesh coloured sets

Stage list price is £300 + VAT per block of 4 Sennheiser EW300 G3 per week. So you've spent £1440 + delivery just on radio mics before you start doing anything else. If you want flesh coloured mics you have to add at least £9 per mic per week on to that. As far as I remember they don't do single sets any more so you'd have to hire 12 to get what you want. You would also have to add antenna and coax on to that not sure what the price for that is. Also to run 12 mics off two antenna you'd have to re-patch their racks.

Archived