Pearl Titan touch screen

Thomas1987

Hi all, touring ld came into my venue with a lovely magic q package yesterday... And it reminded that I've been meaning to fit a touch screen to our pearl expert. He had a fairly cheap eBay 8" Lilliput touch screen, which was actually really quite good, especially at the price! I'm assuming as Titan runs on windows I'd be able to install this on our pearl... Anyone got any experience with this brand? Don't have budget for the wing at the moment, and really it's overkill, I just want a few extra palettes and grouping buttons which is currently done with regular monitor and built in trackpad.

What I obviously don't want to do is compromise the reliability of my expert... So any advise or previous experience would be appreciated!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0046CBB9C/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new (this is the unit I'm looking at)

I asked Avo about this a while ago (I've got an ELO) and I believe they only support 2 brands of touchscreen (I think 1 might be Iiyama but I could be wrong).

I did look at installing the drivers myself a while ago, but it appears it's quite a locked down version of embedded and I don't think it was possible. Somebody such as Nick may be able to come along and correct me though!

Hmm, I'll give Avo a ring on Monday - need to speak to them anyway as to why the Expert is occasionally lagging when changing playbacks since going to Titan 6!

Annoying if it doesn't, for £150 I could sneak it in, but £400 or so will take some thinking about/persuasion!

Hmm, I'll give Avo a ring on Monday - need to speak to them anyway as to why the Expert is occasionally lagging when changing playbacks since going to Titan 6!

Annoying if it doesn't, for £150 I could sneak it in, but £400 or so will take some thinking about/persuasion!

As far as I am aware you should be able to install the drivers for any touch screen that supports Windows 7. Just put the install files on a USB stick. Illyama is one of the brands that is definitely supported by Avolites.

Tom.

We have this problem on all of our Titan V6 consoles as well. Im guessing it's a software glitch.

We have this problem on all of our Titan V6 consoles as well. Im guessing it's a software glitch.

As far as I know yes it is and Avo are aware of it, hopefully it'll be fixed shortly - I know a few people who've mentioned it.

Archived