Modifications to a Mackie 1640i mixer

alphaman

Hi guys,

I have a Mackie 1640i Firewire mixer that I use with my laptop to put effects on live instruments in real-time.

The mixer has D-Sub direct outs, which I intend to use to send all signals to a FOH mixer for example. However, the direct outs only take the signal pre-insert, which is way before the firewire returns (when the sounds have been processed and "effected"). Does anybody know anyone in LONDON that would be able to modify the mixer so that the direct outs take the signal after the firewire returns?

Here are the links to the mixer with block diagrams and everything.

http://www.mackie.com/Products/onyxiseries/docs/Onyx1640i_SS.pdf

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Block diagrams aren't much use for this - you'll need proper circuit diagrams. Years back I needed to modify a Mackie mixer to change some odd output routing (bit of a theme developing here...) so I contacted them to ask for the full schematic which they were happy to send once I supplied the serial number.

Block diagrams aren't much use for this - you'll need proper circuit diagrams. Years back I needed to modify a Mackie mixer to change some odd output routing (bit of a theme developing here...) so I contacted them to ask for the full schematic which they were happy to send once I supplied the serial number.

Ah I see. As you can probably guess I'm a newbie to this stuff. Thanks for that, I'll give them a ring and post it up.

Archived