Nexo NX242 question

jason.fallon

Hi Folks

I was just wondering if anybody else had encountered this problem with the nx242.

I have 2 of them and use them to drive 2 PS15/LS1200 systems. However, it often frustrates me that I cannot independantly adjust the delay on the two outputs of the sub as they are linked on the processor. Is there any way of breaking this link?

Cheers

Jason

Just to check you are using two NX242s right?

Is one sub coming out of one of them and the other sub fed from the other? Is fo can't you just change the sub delay on one and then not the other? or am I not understanding something?

Do you want the two subs to be on different delays or the two licked subs on the same controller to be different?

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I use one controller per system. Ie 4PS15 & 2 sub per controller. I would like to independently delay the subs on the individual controller.

Your right, if I used two controllers, I wouldn't have that problem. However I cannot afford two controllers per system just to be able to delay the subs.

So I need to break the link on the subs on the processor basically. Ideas?

Jason

Well it is possible on other speaker set-ups on the same controller, such as certain alpha or geo program's. It's a very easy fix.

Re aux feeding, I know I can do that, but I shouldn't have to. Also if I aux feed them, I would have to bypass the controller which would make one sound different to the other. Or I can insert a delay unit in line with the feed from to controller to sub, but that's just a pain in the hole.

J

First of all which version of firmware are you using ??

the later versions ( 2.52 , 2.53) have many more presets than olde rones ( 2.28 )

and may have a stereo PS15 set up with separate delay on Outputs 1+2 from the processor as appears in the NX amp

( you would just need to "Y" split the inputs )

the basic reason for the non split delay in the older presets is the sub output is a mono sum of L+R

Also it is not recommended to place any other processing between the NX outputs and the power amps

( i.e. another delay ) as this messes up the sense feeds which are essential for speaker protection

Hope this helps

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I'm running 2.52. Yes thats exactly what I need to do. But the processor doesnt seem to be letting me???

Thanks

Jason

First of all which version of firmware are you using ??

the later versions ( 2.52 , 2.53) have many more presets than olde rones ( 2.28 )

and may have a stereo PS15 set up with separate delay on Outputs 1+2 from the processor as appears in the NX amp

( you would just need to "Y" split the inputs )

the basic reason for the non split delay in the older presets is the sub output is a mono sum of L+R

Also it is not recommended to place any other processing between the NX outputs and the power amps

( i.e. another delay ) as this messes up the sense feeds which are essential for speaker protection

Hope this helps

Archived