Canford Tecpro Master Stations

paulears

I'm scratching my brains to work out why the round mic buttons on the A and B channels work differently to the packs? I'd have thought that being able to listen to both, but only able to talk to one, the other or both would be the most useful. Having the mic off, and cutting that channel from the headphones makes using them in some circumstances a bit odd - or is there a jumper inside I have not spotted?

This is a quirk on certain TecPro master stations I've come across (there's one in the hire stock at work that has this "feature"). There are also master stations I use regularly that have only one headset connection with a 3 position mic switch - PTT/Off/ON which allows you to listen to either/both of the circuits without having your mic live (can't remember the model number but it's got a speaker built in so can be used without a headset for hands free comms).

I do know that the master station with the mic switch is newer that the one without - don't know if Canford decided to add this later on.

Archived