Relay monitor

Hi Guys,

We're currently looking to replace an aged CRT monitor in one of our backstage areas which is used to show a stage camera feed. The camera outputs composite video, and all the cabling is in place for this.

However I'm struggling to find a basic LCD monitor with a composite input. Has anyone seen one? Looking for around 19" 4:3. Obviously LCD TVs are available in this size, and with a SCART socket they would do the job, but it will be a bit less tidy than I'd like (and would look like a TV and thus attract clever so-and-sos who'd try to get it showing Coronation Street or whatever during the show!). Likewise I'd ideally prefer to steer clear of composite to VGA converters and such like, as it is yet more bits of cabling to sort out and keep hidden. Anyone seen such a thing?

Many thanks,

Ben.

Depending on whether you're looking for a TV or not this may sound like a weird suggestion. However we have 2 of these monitors, one showing a relay via the composite input and one showing other information via DVI.

They're workhorses and have clocked up over 40,000 hours each according the the built in timers. They also have S-Video & VGA. You should be able to find them cheap second hand especially if you look for the FPb version instead of the FP version

Link

A CCTV unit is what you need, Its almost impossible to find a new computer monitor with video in, less than 20" and 4:3 . Expect to pay a fair bit more than you would for a Tv, but you will get something that will run 24/7 and last the course.

Archived