WiFI Access points for iLive

chelgrian

The WiFi access point that A&H recommend for the iLive is the D-link DIR-815 however this is EOLed by D-Link and the firmware that A&H recommend 1.01, is not available from D-link UK.

I have contacted A&H asking for an updated recommendation but have not got a response yet.

Does anyone have any recommendations for access point and firmware combinations that are known to work?

The WiFi access point that A&H recommend for the iLive is the D-link DIR-815 however this is EOLed by D-Link and the firmware that A&H recommend 1.01, is not available from D-link UK.

I have contacted A&H asking for an updated recommendation but have not got a response yet.

Does anyone have any recommendations for access point and firmware combinations that are known to work?

Among the easily available consumer products I have found the Apple Airport Extreme to be one of the most reliable and fastest WAPs. If you want to go for a more butch approach, consider putting a good antenna on a Ubiquiti Bullet access point. You will need a switch or some other device to provide POE, but it is a very good access point, and will be easy to mount up high away from big metal objects with a tripod speaker stand, or a Matthews C stand.

Mac

Archived