Wysiwyg helo

jjayz2007

Hi,

Our uni has just installed wysiwyg, and myself along with my tutor done a 3 day intensive training course

obviously this didnt give us time to explore everything, so my question is

How do you record a chase sequence between say... 4 parcan 64 in a single cue without having to constantly jump between looks in the cuelist?

Also any tips and tricks for wysiwyg will be greatly appreciated!

Jay

Hi,

Our uni has just installed wysiwyg, and myself along with my tutor done a 3 day intensive training course

obviously this didnt give us time to explore everything, so my question is

How do you record a chase sequence between say... 4 parcan 64 in a single cue without having to constantly jump between looks in the cuelist?

Also any tips and tricks for wysiwyg will be greatly appreciated!

Jay

Wysiwyg is not a lighting control package, so you can't use it directly to control fixtures like you would with a desk.

If the version you are using has the "Perform" tab you can connect a desk (there are DMX interfaces to read DMX from any desk and some PC software desks can communicate directly on the same PC or via artnet- MagicQ is easy to use for this) and program on that desk and the lights will follow.

If the version only has "Design" then you can only set "looks" and step through those manually. (if you have the latest version of wyg it is a bit better as you can automate looks with a timeline)

A good source for tips is the Cast newsletter, current and back-issues can be found on the Cast website.

Archived