Radio Mics, can someone introduce me?

chris999998

Strangely, during my time at school I could never find willing mic runners.

I think the idea of sitting backstage with a cans set, spare transmitter and microphones and a stack to receivers, for free and for at least five productions (including the tech and dress) didn't appeal to many people...... amount to about 12hrs of wasted time

Also:-

In case you hadn't realised, the Sennheisers we're all raving about are the Evolution Wireless 100,300 & 500

There are much better mics out there than the Sennheirsers. I accept the R/f part of them is great, good range and they don't drop out often, but the actual response of the microphones is not exactly great, not very sensitive at all. In my experience, the Trantec equivalent has a much better all round package, average r/f but a better microphone, its my hire choice everytime for low-budget shows

John

:stagecrew:

I've not found that at all - In fact, I rather dislike the Audio Technica mic elements Trantec use. I am a great fan of their receivers, and the spec is close enough to allow Sennheiser hand helds to work very well into the Trantec receivers. On a side by side comparison, I find the Trantec (audio tec) dynamics to be a bit 'wooley' sounding Vs the 845's I have and the Trantec condenser versions a bit too harsh. That said, of course, depends a lot on who they're going to. I usually listen to the voice and then pick. Sennheiser are about 75% at least for me. Trantec also don't wear as well. The surface finish peels off the plastic underneath.

Strangely, during my time at school I could never find willing mic runners.

I think the idea of sitting backstage with a cans set, spare transmitter and microphones and a stack to receivers, for free and for at least five productions (including the tech and dress) didn't appeal to many people...... amount to about 12hrs of wasted time

True. Because my school only normally has 4ch of RF, mic running here involves mostly taking mics off fit actresses and clipping them onto other fit actresses. We're never short of volunteers...

Archived