Strand 123

DaveNewm

Most obvious source is Jim Laws as first port of call jimlawslighting@btconnect.com. It is quite hard to find 123s on e-bay nowadays, except highly expensive polished "retro" ones.

Ebay

Link

OK if you want to use T1 lamp rather than a more modern lamp - I did Oklahoma some years ago with a rig which included 4 x 123s with halogen lamps - they had to be dimmed to fit in with their more modern cousins with identical lamps! Also I believe the advert has a mistake as it isn't designed to fit a 743 (but a 223 which looks almost identical). Those were the days...

Ebay

Link

Thanks for this, I keep my eye out on eBay but its more the reflector I'm struggling to find.

Dave

Most obvious source is Jim Laws as first port of call jimlawslighting@btconnect.com. It is quite hard to find 123s on e-bay nowadays, except highly expensive polished "retro" ones.

Ebay

Link

OK if you want to use T1 lamp rather than a more modern lamp - I did Oklahoma some years ago with a rig which included 4 x 123s with halogen lamps - they had to be dimmed to fit in with their more modern cousins with identical lamps! Also I believe the advert has a mistake as it isn't designed to fit a 743 (but a 223 which looks almost identical). Those were the days...

Thank you, I'll give Jim a try, I'm happy to use a more modern lamp holder but I'm still struggling to source a reflector. Thanks again

Dave

+1 for trying Jim for parts.

Even scuzzy loking 123s and 23s go for silly money, because they end up as polished retro art.

I'm even seeing 223/743 prices starting to climb since they were used as backlights on tripods (with household lamps) on "The Voice"

Jim Lawes is still trading!!

Thanks for the requested correction! I think it may be the case that he passed on his hire holding, that's certainly how it reads from the Ancient Lights site, so I think I'd been left with that impression after looking for hires in the past.

Cheers

Archived