A cool desk light....

TallMike

I just made this as a custom lighting bar for the SD9s....

A0gPijZCMAAWKet.jpg

A0gPvnACQAA7Osh.jpg

All for under £15!

31" of LED strip, 31" of cheap conduit and an XLR connector to power it all off the desk lamp supply.

I've velcroed it to the desk so it can be taken off easily.

The conduit covers the LED strip nicely so it only shines on the desk (although the pics taken with the ipad look like it's shining at the camera... it's not!)

Thought it might be useful for someone to copy!

exactly why I made this - the LEDs don't shine on the screen and it lights everything up easily. Also it's dimmed by the internal light power supply so good for dark shows.

Make sure you get the low - power LED strip, you don't want to be loading the lamp supply with more than about 5w per outlet!

Slightly off topic, but I've used LED strips similar to this as great camping lights to hang in the tent. I've cut them to length, stuck to white plastic trunking lid I had lying around and soldered to a flex.

When we are camping we run a cable to the cigarette lighter socket in my car with a fuse and a switch in line - hey presto...

Search for SMD white led strip on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/I.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=smd+white+led+strip&_pgn=2&_skc=48&rt=nc

Enjoy:-)

In a similar vein to the camping lights, we had one of those response estate-car ambulances on site a few nights ago, and it had SMD LED strip fitted across the bottom of the tailgate - so when you opened it, it was up in the air pointing down, and provided a great area light around the back of the car. Seemed a really good idea for estate runabouts or vans with tailgates - for some working light you could just wired it into the boot light.

Yup. in our venue I put a 1m strip of LEDs onto an aluminium right angle section fitted over our GL2400/32, powered off the desk's output. Works a treat, and came in around £15 - *waaay* better than a gooseneck.

Archived