Linking chamsys fx speed to ableton live bpm

Manuel1975

Program a chase the in the options look under the audio tab. You can set the audio BPM to control chase speed in there. All you need to do is give the desk an audio feed, stripping that feed back to just the click track is easy enough but may not be required as you can choose what part of the audio feed the chase responds to.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, maybee someone who ones the Chamsys midi interface could answer the following question:

If I change the fader level of a playback through midi & a remote playback command and an effect speed master is located on this fader, will the corresponding effects speed be changed?

Hm, think its a little off topic but must admit that I have not noticed this port before you mentioned it. Found a manual here: http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/4021284/html5

In the discription there is no specific hardware or software mentioned that can provide this "remote signal" so I doubt that ableton will be able to generate it.

I think this is not possible with ableton.

You only can use the Chamsys hardware or the from other companies the lowcost USB to DMX dongles. (And they have restrictions with the software)

Chamsys gives you the soft for free, they should generate some money to pay their people.

Or you buy a audio interface or a midi interface from chamsys.

Ask you local dealer or Chamsys directly they will help you out without any problem.

Hi Pat,

Yess I understand that Chamsys has to make money etc. The answer to this question might decide if I buy the GMA2 wing or the Mq60. The GMA2 enables the user to set the effects speed by midi but I id rather stay in the chamsys environment which I know fairly well by now.

The question remains:

Is it possible to set the Chamsys Magicq FX speed by Ableton / midi? If so, how!?

Archived