What size amp?

JLEvents

Hi all!

Just a quick one, I'm going to be using 2 x 600w bass cabs and 2 x 400w tops (both 8oh) I will be using the bass cabs built in crossover so only need the one amp and I'm just wondering what size I will need? The amp I've been looking at is the QSC RMX2450 but I'm a bit confused by the specs. I currently have a QSC RMX1850HD but I'm pretty sure this isn't powerful enough?

The speakers are Adlib AA151's and the bass cabs are Adlib AA15HL.

Thanks

Lee

I have a number of AA18HL's and none of them have a crossover in. Might be worth double checking. The AA18HL's feature a 600Wrms RCF driver - these work well when driven from the RMX2450 in bridge mode with either one or two subs per amp. The amp choice will depend a little on the musical content and how hard you intend on driving the cabs.

Dave Fletcher at Adlib is only a phone call away if you need more information.

Thanks for the replies, I'll give Dave a call tomorrow an check!

Chris I think your right the 18HLs dont have crossovers but the 15HLs do, I checked this before buying.

I've only added these to add a bit more bottom end to the 151s, there used for several applications but mainly wedding and corporate event discos do nothing too heavy.

You were right, Adlib were very helpful and they recommended either the Qsc Rmx2450 or the Gx7. Unfortunately I've still come away very confused. When I bought the 151 tops (400w 8ohms) they recommended the qsc 1850hd which is rated at 350w per channel at 8ohms. Now for the subs (600w 8ohms) they recommend the 2450 which is rated at 500w per channel at 8ohms. Am I being thick or are both these amps underpowered and could damage the speakers?

Sorry if I'm being thick :s

You were right, Adlib were very helpful and they recommended either the Qsc Rmx2450 or the Gx7. Unfortunately I've still come away very confused. When I bought the 151 tops (400w 8ohms) they recommended the qsc 1850hd which is rated at 350w per channel at 8ohms. Now for the subs (600w 8ohms) they recommend the 2450 which is rated at 500w per channel at 8ohms. Am I being thick or are both these amps underpowered and could damage the speakers?

Sorry if I'm being thick :s

Maybe they're suggesting you bridge the amps?

Archived