anyone used akg dms 2.4 ghz wireless

AndyW69

Hi, I recently picked up a lavalier set of these dms-70 radios, quad receiver and 2 packs. I have had a few issues using them with the line6 digitals, seems ok if I only use 6 line 6. I have had really short battery life on them, I only use the 500 pack varta's from cpc and they usually outlast a procell. The pack needs 2 aa's and I'm having to change the batteries at the interval of a show. I normally power up the packs and check them an hour before a show, I was getting battery fails midway thru the second half of a 2.5 hr musical, so seems like only 3 hours life. has anyone else used them or had similar problems

Andy

It's highly unlikely that they'll play nicely with the Line6 ones at all. Line6's use a spread spectrum system whereby each mic channel (which don't correspond to the wifi channels) hop between several different wifi channels. The newer firmware is friendlier to wifi as it can be set to miss certain channels but I suspect that anything else that uses that spectrum that isn't conventional wifi won't be happy to coexist.

Archived