Magnum 2500

AaronD

Hi all, I did something careless earlier and let a Magnum 2500 hazer run bone dry (forgot to reinstall the fluid tank after refilling it).

Naturally it was running fine up until this point but I'm really struggling to get it back in working order. I've tried to prime the machine as per the manual's instruction but it doesn't make a sound when I do it. Trying to run it as normal produces that typical horrible dry pump noise. I should also mention that the fan is spinning just fine.

I'd of course love some sort of quick fix as it's needed fairly soon, although I know that's a long shot. A new pump is something of a last resort, would flushing deionised water through it clear any airlocks or is it more serious? Am I doing something wrong during prime? Are there any alternative ways to prime it?

Thanks in advance.

I've tried to prime the machine as per the manual's instruction but it doesn't make a sound when I do it. Trying to run it as normal produces that typical horrible dry pump noise.

Priming is just making haze at max setting ... turn the knob to max and press the Go button. it should make the same noise doing that as "run it as normal".

It might eventually prime anyway when running normally.

Archived