DI buzz because of power transformers (help)

Tony Lake

Hi

I have a slight problem I need addressing.

Basically I have a small rack with a firewire interface (used for playback outputs), 8Ch Rack mounted passive DI and an SLX4 wireless reciver in a rackmount.

at the bottom of the rack are the AC240V-DC12V adapters for the interface and the SLX4, however due to the proximity to the DI's (which are passive if it makes any difference), the outputs on the DI channels buzz quite considerably.

I know the obvious thing is to move the power supply out for each show but this can cause problems with things getting accidentally unplugged, long term damage to the flimsy DC adapter cables, and frankly makes a mess of the rack.

SO; that aside

My question is, shy of a 1U rack mounted brick of lead, is there another way around this problem?

Thanks

Tony

My question is, shy of a 1U rack mounted brick of lead, is there another way around this problem?

One larger (probably better made and less noisy) 12V supply broken out to supply all the various devices that need 12V?

If you're replacing several there's no reason it should be any/much heavier than the individual power bricks.

David.

Archived