Allen heath GL3000

side Phil

Hi, guys, im new to this forum, but would like some advise, im looking at buying a Allen & heath GL3000 32 ch desk to use as a monitor desk, do any of you have exprience of using this desk in monitor mode? and what is the sort of money should I be paying for one complete with PSU ,flight case and dog box ?

your help would be really appreciated.

Hi, guys, im new to this forum, but would like some advise, im looking at buying a Allen & heath GL3000 32 ch desk to use as a monitor desk, do any of you have exprience of using this desk in monitor mode? and what is the sort of money should I be paying for one complete with PSU ,flight case and dog box ?

your help would be really appreciated.

I had one back in the day, great desk at what you want it for, I would certainly pay no more than £1k and be aiming for about £800

The only thing monitor mode does for you is to put the aux masters on faders and the outputs on XLRs. I actually prefer the masters on the rotaries, as it's harder to adjust them by an accidental bump. The desk is a bit short on auxes by monitor console standards - you won't be giving a band stereo IEM mixes unless it's a very small band, Decent desk otherwise. Look for a (rare) GL2800M. Can MixWiz Monitors be linked? If so, a pair of those would work well.

I would slightly be inclined to aim for a GL3300. The GL3300 was built on feedback from GL3000 users, but despite that, I wouldn't really expect to pay more for it.

The GL3300 was a very popular and common board, an I've certainly seen far more out there than 3000s. As such, you might find that you can secure much the same price.

Archived