USD 250/2 VS MSD 250/2

Ashley R

Hi BR

Was wondering what differences there were between the Ushio USD 250/2 and the Phillips MSD 250/2, the only thing I can see is it appears that the Phillips has a 3000 hour expected life span, whilst the Ushio only has 2000.

Also wondering where you guys would recommend that I buy from, currently looking at 10outof10 and the Ushio's are only going for 45pounds and the Phillips 60.75pounds (Or any other of the major lamp manufacturers, Osram, Sylvania etc. etc.)

Yes to buy Phillips lamps here, they cost an arm and a leg, and I am considering shipping these lamps half way around the world. (Need to buy 6-8 of them, and at these prices constitutes a significant saving)

Thanks Ash

There's an old saying - "pay cheap, pay twice" - and it seems to be true with lamps. If you're planning to fit the lamps in fixtures you are going to be using, and want the best life, get the genuine Phillips ones, no question.

The price you are getting quoted from 10 out of 10 seems very competitive.

Yes I am well aware of the pay cheap pay twice, and thus I am not even considering any of the Chinese lamps that I could have picked up for $35ea off ebay (Or the Jenbo Ones). Thus Have restricted my search for new lamps to the major lamp manufacturers.

Archived