Magic Q : Fade with button in Execute Window?

LX-Dave

Hello all,

I'm using Chamsys MagicQ and trying to set up a button in the execute window, to control house lights.

I'd like to have a button which, when activated, fades the level to 45% over 5 seconds, then when deactivated, fades it back to 0 over 5 seconds.

I've tried recording a cue with an associated fade time, and storing this on a button allows the button to fade it up over 5s, but deactivating simply switches it straight off.

Is there something simple I've overlooked to achieve this?

Alternatively, if someone has a method which uses 2 buttons (one for up and one for down) this would be equally acceptable.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

If you change the release time in the options for that cue stack (in the activate/release tab) , you should hopefully get the results you need!

I've just tried it very quickly to prove to myself that it works this way (as I couldn't quite remember myself!)

HTH

Neil

If you change the release time in the options for that cue stack (in the activate/release tab) , you should hopefully get the results you need!

I've just tried it very quickly to prove to myself that it works this way (as I couldn't quite remember myself!)

HTH

Neil

Great, works perfectly! http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Thank you very much!

Dave

When you activate a playback by clicking it on-screen it shows a T on the icon, which is for Test. It will use the cue stack fade time when you turn it on, but not when you turn it off; which is where you can use Release Time to act as the fade-out modifier.

I don't have a playback wing to try it, but I guess if you use one, or an Extra-wing to activate a playback it won't show "T" and would use fade time for both in & out?

Archived