Haze and Vocals!!

tour monkey

Hi there, I have a serious problem at the moment with the vocalists in the band I'm working for. I've just designed a lighting plot for their "new 2005" show, the show has no moving lights so it just a combination of the usual parcans, fresies and source four's etc. Now we all know that the show will look significantly better with haze. Unfortunately the turn have this idea of haze affecting vocals chords.... How do I get them to understand that the haze technology of today won't affect them?

Any suggestions on ways of getting round this problem would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Munky :huh:

Tell them "you sympathise with the awful problems that the burnt mineral oil from smoke machines causes to singers, and you've been in touch with PLASA, ABTT, Heath & safety exec, (delete as appropriate) and they have recommended a hazer with medical quality fluid" Then dig through the available data and produce the specs and find a quality article from a professional magazine that features BIG names, and mentions the sort of machine you intend using. If the turn can see others using it, and the lx effects the haze makes possible - they may go for it. However, don't be surprised if they still say no. Depending on your need, you may have to do without, or not take the job. Photos have always worked well for me, but it depends on the receprion you get from the talent.

paul

Sounds like a good plan! Thanks alot paulears. Well I've already done the plot and work for them on stage already so luckily thats not a problem. But just as any technician should be I want the show to look and sound as good as possible!

We'll See!!

Munky

im working with a band at the moment, and have had the same problems, I just printed the MSD of the le maitre website which states that the fluid has no adverse effects on people.

The main problem is large clouds of smoke, which tends to get inhaled, when the singer takes a big breath. I sing myself and yes its true it does leave residue on the back of your throat but you do have to be inhaling large quantitys of dense fog!!

Im using a neutron at the mo, and had no problems, half the time they dont even know its on.

vince

Archived