Vision Mixer search

dgl_thrawn

I am currently looking for a decent, cheap vision mixer to be able to switch between PC output and DVD player. I've been to the Edirol site and thought the V-4 looked quite good, but would probably be more than my budget. I'm probably looking for £300 or less.

Is there something a bit cheaper out there?

David Lawrence

The edirol V4 is a nice unit but it doesn't have vga / svga / xga type connections.

Only composite and s-video.

It's kinda at the low end of the market too - nothing really any cheaper unless second hand.

How are you wanting to output from your pc? (connection type wise that is).

Edirol have cheaper stuff too, but for 300 pounts you ain't gonna get much at all, unless you get lucky!

second hand would be best, ebay often has vid mixers on auction, so I hear.

How are you wanting to output from your pc? (connection type wise that is).

Ideally 15-pin d-sub straight out the back of the laptop. We currently use a Coriogen Eclipse, so composite or s-video could be provided. I've found the Coriogen to be a bit clunky trying to switch from PC to DVD player source. I talked to a friend in London and he said he's used Smart Fade by Analog Way. I went to their site and also found Smart Cut 2. Would either of those be any good? How much would I expect to pay?

Regards

David

Ideally 15-pin d-sub straight out the back of the laptop. We currently use a Coriogen Eclipse, so composite or s-video could be provided. I've found the Coriogen to be a bit clunky trying to switch from PC to DVD player source. I talked to a friend in London and he said he's used Smart Fade by Analog Way. I went to their site and also found Smart Cut 2. Would either of those be any good? How much would I expect to pay?

Regards

David

Either Smart Cut or Smart Fade would do the job very well.

Neither will do it very cheaply. Think £2000 to £3000

Sorry if that's burst your bubble.

Peter

Hi, I'm not sure if this is really what you want but you could plug one comouter into the broadcasting one and use ArKaos 3.0.3*. It's a software vision mixer. You can plug your DVD player into your computer via a phono cable or S-Video. Hope that this helps.

*NOTE: ArKaos costs around £200 for 3 licenses.

Archived