LDR Aria fresnels

howartp

Hi,

We're building a new auditorium at our secondary school which opens in September. (Some of you will have been involved in other threads talking about this earlier in the year)

I've finally been given an itemised list of what the company who won the tender intend to supply in line with the spec document, and I'm meeting them in the morning to go through it.

They have changed from Selecom Rama fresnels to LDR Aria fresnels - but I've never heard of LDR. Don't get me wrong, my day job isn't in theatres (though it might be in the future) but my experience level is such that I would expect myself to have heard of most regularly used brands.

A quick search on LDR or Aria on this board brings up no results, so I was just wondering if anyone could comment?

The tender specs were produced by a theatre design company who many of you will know (based on conversations with techs and suppliers at Plasa North and elsewhere) and I accept that those specs have been written to a fairly high-spec standard (ie stuff that's too good/expensive for use in a secondary school theatre!) - therefore I understand why he's changed from Selador as the prices we received for the tender were ~£15k over budget across the board. However having not heard of a company is making me slightly nervous?

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter

They're a budget Italian brand, often seen in school specs of recent years. Smallish and probably a bit nicer than the old CCT minuettes. 150mm lens and ok up to 1200W. I'd be quite happy with them for educational/smaller venues. I think you've still got nice kit - it could have been far, far worse.

There's a retail price list here

http://www.lightfactor.co.uk/price-list/pdf/LDR%20Price%20List%202012.pdf

They're a budget Italian brand, often seen in school specs of recent years. Smallish and probably a bit nicer than the old CCT minuettes. 150mm lens and ok up to 1200W. I'd be quite happy with them for educational/smaller venues. I think you've still got nice kit - it could have been far, far worse.

There's a retail price list here

http://www.lightfact...List%202012.pdf

Thanks Paul, that's great to hear.

The price I've been quoted also looks favourable against that price list (but not overly favourable that I become concerned the other way)

Peter

LDR Are pretty good actually - they compare well with selecon and a little cheaper. Spares take about a week to arrive from Italy usually soo about the same speed as Selecon.

Archived