Replacing Static gobos - Robe

numberwrong

I had some problems trying to change over some gobos in Robe Robin 300e spots

After removing the static gobo holder from the wheel I was not able to remove the gobo itself from the holder because I couldn't get the clip out.

The rotating gobos are clipped in a similar way but there is a bent bit in the clip allowing you to leaver it with a screwdriver.

To change the static gobo do you have to buy a gobo already installed in to a robe 'gobo module' ?

I also found it very hard to remove a rotating gobo with the Robe clip methord, It was almost impossible not to touch the glass and it is very easy to scratch the gobo when trying to ram a screwdriver behind the tight clip.

Never had these problems with other manufactures, any tips?

I can't help with the static gobo bit, but I definitely feel your pain with the rotating ones!

It took me ages to work out how they come out. I found that the easiest way is to get some very thin long nose pliers, and then it becomes relatively easy to prise it out. And that way, there's less of a chance of scratching the gobo http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

On newer models, they have the 'slot-n-lock' thing, which I imagine makes life a LOT easier!

Archived