A Great Charity we are involved with !

LXSX

Hi All,

Reading the topic description I thought this could be the right place to get people talking about a fantastic charity we support. EW is a facility in the South East which offers students the opportunity to be introduced in to the world of creativety including Lighting, stage, sound, recording, filming, graphic design and much more.

We support this charity because we feel these students are our next generation and anyone interested helping support EW Then please feel free to contact them... Info@ewweb.co.uk

The work they achieve is amazing you have teenagers creating music videos and commercial adverts as well as recently being invited to film the world premiere launch of a new iPhone app "Konki"

All work can be viewed via their website and remember all work you see is completed by students aged 13-16

EW is always interested in making connections within this industry and again any kind of help weather that is donating knowledge, advice, equipment,software etc etc more importantly spreading the word about the work they do.

Www.ewweb.co.uk

Can I just say thank you for your time in reading this and I look forward to the conversation !

Thanks again !

Well - Direct.Gov.UK reports they are recently registered and have a number. It does seem strange the web site doesn't have an address or the contact details, but maybe they've just not gone that far yet.

Registered Number Charity name

1146124 ENTERTAINMENT WORKSHOPS LIMITED Status= Registered

The Companies House details are:

ENTERTAINMENT WORKSHOPS LIMITED

20 HAVELOCK ROAD

HASTINGS

EAST SUSSEX

UNITED KINGDOM

TN34 1BP

Company No. 07790383 - although this seems to be their accountants address.

The website's not really finished yet, is it? Seems to me a good idea - some of the course contact is a little unusual - They'll be designing a lighting set? It's fairly straightforward stuff similar to the activities carried out in many counties - this ones just got charitable status that's all.

Clears that one up, then. Didn't come up on the CC search function, though! Good to know they're totally kosher - anyone* involved in getting young people to get off their bums and do something is good by me.

*Fuehrers etc, excepted.

Forgive my cynicism but I'm always a bit suspicious of charities which don't publish their postal address or Charities Commission number. Or appear on the Charities Commission website...........

its actually a requirement of the companies act 2006 for any limited company that has a website to publish their registered address and company number on the site. (no legal requirement for the charity number to be published as far as I'm aware, seek your own legal advice etc).

Hi guys,

Firstly thanks for the input, I will relay the information back to the guys at EW, it is only recently that they have gained charity status so I guess they just have not had the chance to get it on the site, however you are right no excuse for the postal address though.

I think above everything it's more to do with giving kids a chance to get some real life experience in using technology and equipment that is used in our industry today. They also have a pretty cool recording studio as well as a green screen studio and editing suite using final cut and adobe premiere all I'm saying is that if I had a chance to use a facility like this when I was back at school I feel I would of excelled in my career a lot quicker as they give you a really good taster of the insights to our industry.

Obviously the video work isn't Hollywood quality however the message some of the videos put across is pretty good, I think it gives the boost they need to maybe further a carrier in an industry rather than signing on !

We recently donated a avolites desk which I found cheap on eBay and have given them so many hours of training which I feel will give the students a great introduction to lighting desks.

The students they teach are students that are on their last chance with the school , students that possibly have learning difficulties, students who have a disturbed home life well you get the idea, the facility also has 3 full time youth workers there to help with day to day issues students have.

And as I said its a case of spreading the word and awareness really, places like this need to stay open as they have already seen over 30 students furthering their education weather it be in media, graphics, stage, sound, lighting etc.

Again thanks for the input and I will definitely be relaying the messages, thanks again !

I thought it would be easier for people to click if I hyper linked it - Entertainment workshops

That's great. My own experience of these things is that everyone is really keen, and somebody does the website for them, but that person isn't aware of the rules, so they get overlooked. Not to worry. Good luck.

That's great. My own experience of these things is that everyone is really keen, and somebody does the website for them, but that person isn't aware of the rules, so they get overlooked. Not to worry. Good luck.

Hi Paul, I think that this is probably the case and like you say probably not aware and if EW has not told them then they are not to know !

But all in all a really good team down there ! I do know a couple of the guys who work there have some good west end experience as well as Project Management experience especially for Live Events !

Entertainment Workshops

Archived