Drapes for a wedding

lonfire

Hi,

I have been asked to cost up turning a school hall into a nice venue for a wedding.. we have got trussing and stands to have a rig that will enable us to hang drapes down all the walls..

the client wants a gold/red theme sort of medievil type feel.. anybody know of any good companies for drape hire and approx cost.. the hall is around 47' long and 33' wide.

also somebody mentioned about putting a star cloth across the roof.. anybody used a star cloth like this before?? I don't think its feasible because of not having any hanging points in the middle of the room.

any ideas/suggestions and stuff also very welcome..

thanks

chris

Also somebody mentioned about putting a star cloth across the roof.. anybody used a star cloth like this before??  I don't think its feasible because of not having any hanging points in the middle of the room.

any ideas/suggestions and stuff also very welcome..

thanks

chris

[standard safety disclaimer applies]

Just an idea but for the starcloth if you had a rectangle of truss, could you not put some wires across it to form a grid, on which the starcloth could be layed and attached at the edges?

[/standard safety disclaimer applies]

PN

Elstree Drape Hire (Elstree Film Studios, Shenley Road, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire)

Perry Scenic Ltd (Oldbury, West Midlands)

Visual Bliss (5 Memory Cross, Landscove, Newton Abbot, Devon)

Black Velvet Hire (Shepperton Studios, Studios Road, Shepperton, Middlesex).

HTH

Sam

PS- Wouldn't this be better placed in staging and rigging??

[standard safety disclaimer applies]

Just an idea but for the starcloth if you had a rectangle of truss, could you not put some wires across it to form a grid, on which the starcloth could be layed and attached at the edges?

[/standard safety disclaimer applies]

hi,

I have thought of this.. I'm still designing the rig thats going to hold all the drapes and stuff.. this might be possible, but it depends if we are going to have a solid rectangle of trussing or whether we are just going to have a U type setup which wouldn't allow for anything to hang in the middle of it..

thanks for the input and companies guys.. getting there!

rgds

chris

Archived