Link Exchanges

Guest lightnix

Guest lightnix

I've just updated the lightnix website with some new pictures and links (including one to the Blue Room, of course).

I'm all for building the "cyber community" and the Links page features a crew section. I would therefore like to invite any and all crew members with their own sites to participate in a link exchange program. Please note that this is a reciprocal scheme, if I link to your site then I expect you to add a link to mine. Regrettably, sites "under construction" cannot be included until they are complete.

PM me with your link if interested.

The number of links to your site is an indication to Search Engines that your site is of interest. The more incoming links you have, the higher you are likely to rise in the rankings. If we all start linking to each other, the more likely we all are to be found under general search terms.

OK, there's a little more to it than that, I know. Anyone interested in the Black Art of Search Engine Optimisation could do a lot worse than look at the Spider Food website and clicking on the topics down the left hand side of the Home page. I've applied their hints and tips to the Wavicle site and, as a result, have managed to get it to No. 10 in Google under a search for "Wavicle", No.1 for "Wavicle LED" and No.13 for "LED torches". I've just made a few more tweaks to try to attract attention under other related terms and am waiting for the next "spidering" to see if they work.

Another SEO site of interest is SearchEngineWatch.com. You have to pay a subscription to get to the "deep" stuff, but there is plenty of useful info for the likes of us.

Guest lightnix

;) ** laughs out loud ** :D Well done, sir ! Although we ain't far behind - another tweak required, maybe.

Mind you, these days you could do a search for "The Easter Bunny" and the Shepperd site would probably be in the top 20 somewhere :( :D

Archived