LS9 linking

GC1971

Hi all,

I've just had a bit of a mare with an LS9, and can't seem to get my head around a problem that you lot must have found a fix for; so..

Setup:

FOH mix on 1-32

MON mixes on 33-64 (split to 1-32 inputs)

Band on ch 1-16, Radios on 17-32.

It's "Rent", so loads of talent moving on/off all the time, when the're offstage the ch is muted on the fly, but this is on the FOH layer, so that's fine out front, but on the MON layer the ch remains live. Result is MON noise.

I can't seem to find a way to link the mute per layer, I've tried running the show with loads of scene recalls but there isn't the time live,

How do you get around this?

Cheers

Giles

Giles,

I'm not too sure of your logic for setting your inputs up like that, but...

You should be able to simply use the LS9's Channel Link ability. IIRC, if you press the button marked "Channel Job" a couple of times you'll get a screen with the title "Channel Link". If you clear all the options except "Ch On" at the bottom of the screen (incl. the 'Send Parameter' opts) you can then start linking channels (i.e. change the faders to the 33-64 layer. On the screen, move the white selection-frame to channel 1. Press-hold [ENTER] and then press-release the [sEL] key of channel 33. Release [ENTER]. If all went well, CH.1 and CH.33 should now be linked, and when CH.1 is muted, so should CH.33. Repeat for CH.2 and CH.34 and so on).

Hope this helps,

Matthew

p.s. North Yorkshire, huh? I'm in West Yorkshire and not doing anything for the rest of the week. If you need someone familiar with LS9s to look over the board...

I'm not too sure of your logic for setting your inputs up like that

It's useful to split the inputs over two layers like that when you're mixing monitors from FOH. Means you can apply things like EQ and compression to a channel for FOH without it going into the wedge mixes.

I'm not too sure of your logic for setting your inputs up like that

It's useful to split the inputs over two layers like that when you're mixing monitors from FOH. Means you can apply things like EQ and compression to a channel for FOH without it going into the wedge mixes.

Ah, I have to admit that didn't occur to me. Now I understand. Thanks!

When I'm doing Musicals I rarely find the need to have separate EQ act, but then I typically always use an Aviom system for the band. Channel linking all work, but if I'm correct there is a limit to how many different links can be made.

Edited to say,

The limit on the ls9 32 is 34 separate links. so you should be okay

1336577714[/url]' post='439609']

Giles,

I'm not too sure of your logic for setting your inputs up like that, but...

You should be able to simply use the LS9's Channel Link ability. IIRC, if you press the button marked "Channel Job" a couple of times you'll get a screen with the title "Channel Link". If you clear all the options except "Ch On" at the bottom of the screen (incl. the 'Send Parameter' opts) you can then start linking channels (i.e. change the faders to the 33-64 layer. On the screen, move the white selection-frame to channel 1. Press-hold [ENTER] and then press-release the [sEL] key of channel 33. Release [ENTER]. If all went well, CH.1 and CH.33 should now be linked, and when CH.1 is muted, so should CH.33. Repeat for CH.2 and CH.34 and so on).

Hope this helps,

Matthew

p.s. North Yorkshire, huh? I'm in West Yorkshire and not doing anything for the rest of the week. If you need someone familiar with LS9s to look over the board...

Thanks for the heads up I'll sort that out. Ta for the offer too, I'm away for a bit now but I appreciate it.

Archived