Mac 600 output discrepency

WiLL

Hi Chaps,

been noticing recently that one of my 4 mac600's seems more blue in output colour or possibly darker in output then the other 3 and find myself having to tweak the colour mixing to achieve a closer match. Opening it up reveals no obvious problems with the cyan wheel or sensor, however when lamping on and aiming it at the other side of my office, only 5 feet away unfortunately there is a large dark patch in the centre and a blue patch just to the left of it. Adjusting the lamp focus screws in the lamp base has little or no effect. As any of you who have worked with these units know, it's not easy to get a looksee into the reflector itself to see if there are any deformities. The lamp was swapped out with the others about 4 months ago and only has about 300 hours on it. An inspection of the lamp shows nothing out of the ordinary.

I've attached a shot of the beam on my office wall but my phone can't handle it too well, the horizontal lines are only it's camera struggling to take a pic.

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu40/WiLLF77/IMAG0045.jpg

any hints guys? At the moment I'm waiting for it to cool down so I can put in an old spare lamp I have.

EDIT: swapping the lamp makes very little difference.

All the nuts, bolts, springs on the peak adjust are in working order?

Be very careful when taking the color module off the head to check the reflector, the heads tend to snap of the bolts due to heat.

Archived