Free software for Vellman USB DMX Controler

Tezzachs

Hi, I help out with local shows in a converted cinema. We have a mixture of PAR cans, LED PARs and moving lights (not sure on models). We've recelently purchased a USB/DMX interface kit from Maplin but the software that came with it isn't that userfriendly or intuitive. Is there any other (preferably) free alternitives avalible that will work with this interface?

There are a few free options out there. I tried Magicq first and have never felt the need to look at any of the others since, so can't really speak for them.

I'd hazard a guess that Magicq will do what you want and more.

The only thing I would say is that I have used it with the Velleman interface and it gets jittery if you go over about 150 DMX channels. I'm sure this is down to the interface rather than the software.

I also have a Entecc Pro which is much better although I've not tried that "fully loaded" as you might say.

I normally use it with a PC wing however and have done shows with getting on for 500 channels on one universe and it's rock solid.

Archived