xf47

wizzbang

I am in the middle east at the moment and have been given 6x sanyo xf47's to twin...shoot me now. The supplier says they are newly lamped, though the clocks tell another story. Being used to panasonics with chipped lamps I am scratching my head as I have a lamp warning on one of them. it strikes and runs for 5 mins, then dulls and I get the warning light. I have rotated the four lamps, struck the unit with the lid off and seen all four lamps stike. in fact they stay stuck when the unit dulls down. My understanding is that I've either got some clogged filters of my balast is on the way out. New lamps are a few hours away with the reply "god willing they will arrive sir". Any ideas?

best get prayin.

but seriously, there are many different variables and questions about your situation.

If it's important, explain your situation in detail so we can see if you have any other options

or you'd best get on with the praying.

We have Xfs so the obvious things to check - The red lamp warning light is lit under normal operation, it flashes to indicate a problem, your symptoms could be explained by the fact that the unit is in single or dual lamp mode, when you fire it up it stikes normally and once its warmed up turns off lamps, You can either check this in the settings menu, or perform a full factory reset . do I get extra marks for knowing that this is done by going menu / left / left/ up/select/up/select/up/select... A factory reset will put it back to full power mode no matter what tinkering has been applied but If its in 4 lamp mode you need to do the following-

when its runing select an input and in the top left you will get a box top left with the lamp indicators. yellow is on, grey is off, red with a cross is failed. If you dont get this check that "display" is on. Power the unit down and swap the problem lamp with another, then power up again If the problem moves with the lamp, good, you can fix it with another lamp, if it stays with the lamp slot, you need another unit as you likely wont be fixing this. Its worth checking all the molex connectors to the main board are connected if you have the top off, but if they are it needs proffesional help.

Filters are an irrelevance as are the lamp timers, My best guess is you are stuffed as ive had the same issues with xf units and its off to the repairers for them, its generally a quick and cheap fix, but that probably doesnt help you. id be getting the hire co to be sending a spare out asap.

Archived