Strand Permission Denied

Andy!

Hello,

On our Strand 300, there seems to be a lock on the desk and when ever I try to change a setting, with the mouse or even press GOX2 a message comes up saying "User or console access permission denied". Does anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it.

Thanking you

Andy.

Hello,

On our Strand 300, there seems to be a lock on the desk and when ever I try to change a setting, with the mouse or even press GOX2 a message comes up saying "User or console access permission denied". Does anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it. 

Thanking you

Andy.

Hi

This sounds like the RATE button has been activated. This button is located over the 1st/2nd playback. Sometimes the command line displays more info and tells you what the problem is. To get rid of this annoyance, press the RATE button a couple of times till the light goes off(highly scientific!). It is just an impolite way of reminding you to UN-RATE the console.

If that does not work it might be that somebody was in ACCESS RIGHTS located by pressing the MORE key. This option will appear on the LCD keys on the console itself. You will have to enter a password here. I think it is standard code i.e. 0000 but can't be sure. You can change the password as well.

If does not solve it, it is back to the drawing board.

eamon

Thank you for your reply.

I pressed the "More" key which did not show anything to do with "ACCESS RIGHTS" The ones we get up are: 1.Prof Disp 2.Notes Disp 3.Backup Cmds 4.Event List 5.Auto Mod :s

Or shall I give strand a call?

Thank you for your reply.

I pressed the "More" key which did not show anything to do with "ACCESS RIGHTS" The ones we get up are: 1.Prof Disp  2.Notes Disp  3.Backup Cmds  4.Event List  5.Auto Mod  :s

Or shall I give strand a call?

Hi

Did the Rate button work at all?

Sorry I meant to say hit the REPORT key to find the location of the ACCESS RIGHTS menu in the soft keys. As I said can't remember if the password is standard.

CAn you give me anymore info about what the desk is doing. Also what software version are you running?

eamon

Hi

The rate button did not seem to change anything.

We found the "ACCESS RIGHTS" but when we went to press it, it came up saying 'User or console permission denied'. We seem to have the manual faders working, but just no automatic side. The software we are running is GENPRO COMPRO TRK REP v2.6d / 50

Thanks Andy

Hi

We found the "ACCESS RIGHTS" but when we went to press it, it came up saying 'User or console permission denied'. We seem to have the manual faders working, but just no automatic side. The software we are running is GENPRO COMPRO TRK REP v2.6d / 50

Thanks Andy

Hi again

I was wrong in reference to the ACCESS RIGHT. I checked up and it only refers to use when the 300 is part of a network. Sorry about that. This is sounding like time to ring your local Strand dealer. Can you save shows etc? You might need to do a 220clean. Your strand engineer would guide you through that method. Failing that you may have to re-install the sofware.

Hope this is of any help

eamon

Hi

It wouldn't - I'm afraid that was a complete "bum steer", there's no way that having a playback set to Rate would give you this error.

The message that you're getting is something to do with the Networker software, I reckon. I'm not familiar enough with this part of the console to be able to offer much of a constructive solution, I'm afraid - my advice would be to contact Strand and speak to someone in the support department who can talk you through a solution. Having said that, what I can suggest is to check your 220node.cfg file - if you're not getting a login screen when you start up the console, you can check in that file which user is logging into the console at power-up - change the user to Admin and you should get all access rights back.

The Strand Product Manager for the 300 series (I think) is Bill, and he has no problem with people calling his personal mobile number (providing it's for a legitimate reason...), ihe's the guy many top programmers seem to call.

If you haven't got the problem resolved, PM me and I'll give you his number.

Phil

There's a memory lock, which effectively makes the desk 'read-only', in that you can use it but not save anything. This has a factory-set password which conveniently is the same for all Strand desks, and I don't think you can change it. Call Strand and they'll tell you.

To turn it on/off...... um..... Unfortunately I'm one of those people that can't remember how to do something on the desk without it in front of me. Have a look around, it's called 'Memory Lock'.

There's also a key lock much like on a mobile phone which will disable all buttons/faders. This I can remember:

Hold down the 'Strand' Key (Shift), and press 'Help'.

To turn it off, do the same again.

This can be particularly fun when you're the only one in the building that knows how to do it.....

Phil

or when it your first time using the "shift, help" lock. the first time it tried I was like im goign to use this more often. but I went to unlock it.... I guess theres a delay. I pushed shift help to unlock and it didnt and I was freaking out. I kept pushing it. eventul about 5mins later it unlocked. havent used it since.

Archived