Good Morning All,

I run a small mobile disco & have the following equipment:

2 x CDJ900's

Behringer DDM4000 mixer

Behringer DCX2496

Behringer iNuke3000

2 x Behringer B215XL's (midtops)

2 x CV121a's (active bass bins)

I don't have much technical knowledge & really a noobie.

I am ONLY using the DCX2496 on the iNuke for the B215XL's.

Have been using the it for more than a year now & some how this past Saturday I noticed that the sound has been dipping from the mid tops.

2 functions ago, I had a my wife's nephew cover a gig for me & I am not sure if he messed around with the DCX.....and now I can't remember what the original setting were, which was done by a rep who is no longer in my area & I don't have his details anymore. Tried recalling the settings but still getting the dipping. Can hear the music peak & drop. Played an original CD....so recording quality cannot be faulted

I jotted down the settings & I was wondering if anyone can pick up the fault. (also I don't have the foggiest idea how to set thresholds & limiters)

Currently, it is set on LMHLMH, with channels 2 & 5 sending the mid signal to the iNuke.

Input signal on the main page is set at - 7db with the remaining pages still on original factory settings. Also, channels A & B are on SUM

On the "M", settings are as follows:

Output: -5db

Screen2/8:

But6 But12

111Hz 10.5Hz

Screen3/8:

EQ - On LP

114Hz Gain: +3 12db

Screen4/8

Dyna EQ - ON HP

3.53kHz Gain: +5 6db

Screen5/8

Threshold: -7.0

Ratio: 2:5:1

Attack: 108ms

Release: 311ms

Screen6/8

Limiter: On

Limit: -12

Release: 274ms

Screen7/8

Phase is at 0

I would say the first thing to do is to disable the dynamicEQ function. This works like a compressor (or expander for that matter) in thatonce the level in that band is above the threshold it does something. The other thing would be to raise the limit on page 6 to 0db as it could well be system limiting happening

It can be useful for example you could have it "clamp down"on lots of very low in end (<50hz) so it still sounds full but if you get atrance DJ try to get 110db & 25hz it will not it using too much power

I would say the first thing to do is to disable the dynamicEQ function. This works like a compressor (or expander for that matter) in thatonce the level in that band is above the threshold it does something. The other thing would be to raise the limit on page 6 to 0db as it could well be system limiting happening

It can be useful for example you could have it "clamp down"on lots of very low in end (<50hz) so it still sounds full but if you get atrance DJ try to get 110db & 25hz it will not it using too much power

@Kevin Ross> Thanks for the advice. I will switch the dynamic eq off. So with regards to the "clamp down", if I follow you correctly (excuse I am bit of a ###### when it comes to this technical lingo), on Page 2/8, I should drop the far left frequency to about 50Hz.

Also, what about the EQ on Page 3/8....should I change the frequency settings on that page

If you dont mind me asking, is it possible to explain in simple terms what/ how is a threshold, release, attack, limiter...and how does one gauge on going about setting this.

As a noobie to all these technical jargon & the user manual is not very "user" friendly, I really would like to know how to get the best out of this unit.

Thanking you in advance for all your assistance.

I'd suggest a good first step would be to find out if you've got a fault or a settings issue. To do that I'd turn off all those limiters and dynamic EQ. Don't fuss around changing frequencies just yet. Turn the things off completely and see if your problem is fixed. If it is, that's the time to start talking settings, but for now just make sure the unit's doing all it should and behaving. Remember of course that turning off these limiters is removing your protection from the system, so you need to be a bit careful in how you treat it.

Archived