feedback finder software

spanieltech

It's called your ears, and learn how to use them ;)

*sigh* It's faster and more accurate to do it with a spectrum analyser. I don't see why certain members of this forum seem to think you aren't a 'real' engineer if you don't try and do it by ear. Yes there are some people with perfect pitch who can make a very good guess at a specific frequency however the majority of people do not have perfect pitch.

I use SignalScope from FaberAcoustical OS X: $79 iOS: $24.99. The SoundView program from Rare Works LLC looks similar and cheaper, I wasn't aware of it when I bought SignalScope.

There are programs which do much more in terms of analysis such as Faber Acoustical Electroacoustics Tool Kit, AudioFile Engineering Spectre and Metric Halo SpectraFoo. However those programs require a decent amount of theoretical understanding in order to interpret what they are telling you and are not worth buying until you acquire that understanding.

It's faster and more accurate to do it with a spectrum analyser

Bet I can do it quicker with my ears than I could if I had to look at a screen.

Honestly, people aren't being off for the sake of it when they say to put the time in to train your ears, it's just a better way of doing things.

Software has its place (Smaart etc) but for feedback detection? Nah.

Honestly, people aren't being off for the sake of it when they say to put the time in to train your ears, it's just a better way of doing things.

I'm a musician, I know I have *relative* pitch however I do not have perfect pitch and it is not something that can be learnt, yea I have tried. You can't 'train your ears' for it. A spectrum analyser will tell you not only the centre frequency but the hight and width of the peak so you can cut by the right amount and with the right Q in order to only remove exactly what you need to remove the feedback peak.

I'm sorry you are being 'off' by suggesting that is is better for me to guess based upon what I can hear rather than use an accurate measurement tool to do the job.

Archived