RCF 722A

BUF1E

Hi Guys,

can anyone tell me what a pair of RCF TT08a's with one TT12a sub would sound like compared to a pair of RCF 722a's or to a pair of RCF 710's with a 902 sub ?

I have heard some people say on the net that the RCF 722a's are not suitable for small rooms, is this correct ?

thanks,

BUF1E

Hey there.

I've got a pair of 722's and have heard the 710s as well as older versions of the same. I've also got dB Technologies Flexsys F12s and Flexsys F10s which are all pretty similar.

I've heard one TT system which was 2 x 12s over 1 x 18. All active, sounded great.

I'd suggest that in order to really get a better overall tone you might be best off trying a pair of 710s with a 15" sub, but it all depends on what you're doing with your rigs. If you're doing acoustic stuff then the tt system you've highlighted would be amazing for clarity and would still have some punch from the 12" sub, but if you're maybe DJing with the rig then you'd be better off with 2 710s and a 905 sub (for the money). The 722 solution is a very easy lift/ setup and also very capable.

The 722s are extremely powerful but have a good wide dispersion pattern so there is no reason not to use them in a small room....!

Hope this helps.

Hi Guys,

can anyone tell me what a pair of RCF TT08a's with one TT12a sub would sound like compared to a pair of RCF 722a's or to a pair of RCF 710's with a 902 sub ?

I have heard some people say on the net that the RCF 722a's are not suitable for small rooms, is this correct ?

thanks,

BUF1E

Ive also heard theyre not suitable for big rooms, because they need a sub. Im not convinced by either of theses arguments. However, because the 722 have a 2" horn they will throw better and I think this makes them suitable for bigger rooms where the top end wont be overpowering.

Make sure you check out the new RCF HD12As which I bought in preference to the 722s for medium sized room usage.

On subs, dont ignore the cheaper, latest version of the RCF 705AS which has been upgraded to a Class D amp, weighs a lot less than it used to and, accoring to my Dealer sounds better than the 905AS at all volume levels up to "full power" where the biger amp and increased DBV capacity of the 905 kicks in.

Im intrigued by the 902AS but havent found a single review online.

Im going to be doing a 705As - 902AS - 905As - Yamaha DXS shootout next month.

P.

Thanks for replies,

I use my speakers for playing mp3's mainly chart/ pop music & anything from the 50's to the present day, for a modern jive dance club

Would the TT08's with a TT12a sub have as much punch as a pair of 722's & as full a sound ? According to the specs they should ?

Would the TT08's with a TT12a sub fill a large room with sound as well as the 722's with the 12 Inch drivers ?

Would the TT08's with a TT12a sub be worth twice the money of the 722's

I really appreciate good sound quality, but would I notice much differnce between the 2 systems ?

I have heard people say that there is not much difference between the 902 & 905 subs ?

The TT08's I guess would always need a sub, but not forgetting the 710's could be used without a sub for the smaller events, which would be handy

I currently have a pair of Mackie srm450 v2's, just looking to upgrade

Would the 710's sound as full a sound as the srm450's v2's without a sub ?

thanks,

BUF1E

• 3 weeks later...

IMO you're going o be best off with the 710/ 905 or 705 single bin combo as this will allow you to step up and down for small and medium size gigs.

The thing that I think really stands out about the TT series is they're just specc'd with better components which should therefore in theory allow you to stick with the one rig for a longer period of time without failure. I Think you would be well served with either combination you're talking about, but I would suggest that the TT08's with their wood cabinets will give you a LOT more clarity than their plastic cousins... I say this having just got my hands on some TT22as which wipe the floor with the ART 722 in terms of clarity and definition, yet perform at similar volumes. The TT is defo a superior speaker to the ART, but there's little wrong with the ART and it's quite a bit lighter- always important to think about system weight in case of a late night encounter with a flight of stairs!!!

Good luck with your decision, I'm sure you'll be happy with either solution.

Thanks for replies,

I use my speakers for playing mp3's mainly chart/ pop music & anything from the 50's to the present day, for a modern jive dance club

Would the TT08's with a TT12a sub have as much punch as a pair of 722's & as full a sound ? According to the specs they should ?

Would the TT08's with a TT12a sub fill a large room with sound as well as the 722's with the 12 Inch drivers ?

Would the TT08's with a TT12a sub be worth twice the money of the 722's

I really appreciate good sound quality, but would I notice much differnce between the 2 systems ?

I have heard people say that there is not much difference between the 902 & 905 subs ?

The TT08's I guess would always need a sub, but not forgetting the 710's could be used without a sub for the smaller events, which would be handy

I currently have a pair of Mackie srm450 v2's, just looking to upgrade

Would the 710's sound as full a sound as the srm450's v2's without a sub ?

thanks,

BUF1E

Archived