Idex Horn unit

ojc123

3 out of 4 horn units on my PA have gone (possibly because of untrained personnel connecting equipment when phantom power was on).

The speakers are Idex 15" 300W Cabs and the Horn drivers are Horn Unit FP25ohm (according to Internet).

I would like to replace the unit but the thread on the driver is not a typical 1 3/8" it seems to be an internal thread on a flange about 40mm wide. The horn screws into it rather than onto it.

My problem is that I don't know what to look for to replace these units.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

The tweeters that I have in my PA tops also have the same configuration in which they're the 1" horn, but the thread is internal too

They're the Eminence APT50 tweeters available from Allan Gordon. They may be able to help you out also - they seem to very knowledgeable (in my experience) of speaker components and they stock a good range of wellknown stuff.

Try them out, their contact details are on their website, (obviously)! the link is above.

What is the power handling of the horn you require? the eminence ones I have in my speakers are 100W RMS and 650W Peak.

Are yours similar?

Si

Fathered Sounds

You said:

"They're the Eminence APT50 tweeters."

You were spot on. Thank you.

Ordered them from http://www.djtrader.co.uk which I found as a result of an image search.

Embarrassing admission of stupidity now. In order to compare the real thing to the image I put the driver near the monitor. Degaussing necessary now! :)

What is the power handling of the horn you require? the eminence ones I have in my speakers are 100W RMS and 650W Peak.

Are yours similar?

Si

Fathered Sounds

I do apologise! The tweeters are no where as powerful as that!

Big mistake on my behalf

I looked on the Allan Gordon website at the specs and they're, (if I can remember), 45/85 (RMS/Peak - respectively)

Kinda slightly different power ratings there! :D

Archived