Avo pearl problem

turbojohn

Hi everyone, I have encountered a strange problem this evening whilst patching up a pearl 2004 . I patched some dimmers in on line A 1-30 All fine and placed them on handles page 0 1-30

When I bring up the faders I get no DMX output .

I have checked that DMX is going to the dimmers - all ok

I have double checked that patching and plumbing go cables are to the right line.

I have repatched dimmers on all four Lines and handle pages.

I have done a wipe all and reset to default settings.

What's strange is when I raise the fader I can see on the output screen the selected fader entering the programmer but the intensity level remaining at zero even when up full.

I have tried raising with the wheel and handles selected. - no joy.

I have tried locate ...no

Any thoughts appreciated. I hope it's human error but don't think so.

Regards john

Grand master may be broken?

Not sure if it's an option as its been a long time but there may be a method in the system or user preferences to turn Grand Master off.

Alternatively, and apologies for stating the obvious here, are the dimmers at the correct address?

Grand master may be broken?

Not sure if it's an option as its been a long time but there may be a method in the system or user preferences to turn Grand Master off.

Alternatively, and apologies for stating the obvious here, are the dimmers at the correct address?

Hi Smiffy. thanks for the quick reply.

I will double check that in the morning done a reset to default settings. Dimmers are patched from 1 !

Would I be right in thinking if it was the grand master would the channel value reading on the output screen still be showing rising values according to fader position even though grand master off would be halting output ?

I've not touched a pearl for a year so from memory, with the grand master down then the numbers would not show on the preview screen (it varies from console to console though so don't quote me!)

Racking my brains again, I'm almost certain there is a 'disable GM' option In The console user prefs, however that may only be available in newer consoles. If its not visible, then you can solder a link onto the fader that links the top and bottom points and effectively forces 100% from it. I would call Avo Tech support to confirm precise methods though.

I've not touched a pearl for a year so from memory, with the grand master down then the numbers would not show on the preview screen (it varies from console to console though so don't quote me!)

Racking my brains again, I'm almost certain there is a 'disable GM' option In The console user prefs, however that may only be available in newer consoles. If its not visible, then you can solder a link onto the fader that links the top and bottom points and effectively forces 100% from it. I would call Avo Tech support to confirm precise methods though.

Thanks for your time , I will investigate further in the morning.

Regards john.

Definitely sounds like a duff master. This would stop you seeing the levels moving in the LCD panel. Try pushing the channel faders for the dimmers up and then moving the grand master and the preset master up and down. Sometimes dirty faders fail at the top and a wiggle will get them working very briefly.

Archived